Stay warm all winter
Gas Furnaces are efficient and effective. A gas furnace is the choice for the majority of modern homes with central heating and air conditioning. We provide a variety of high-quality furnaces to choose from to find the most energy-efficient way to improve the comfort in your home. We install such quality furnace brands as York and Nutone. In addition to new furnace installations, R-Mech services and repairs all makes and models of furnaces and other heating systems.
A gas furnace is the heating component in most HVAC systems in colder weather climates such as in the Kansas City area. It converts gas to heat. The main components to a furnace include burners, a heat exchanger, blower and controls. When it comes to finding a high performing new heating system for your home, York gas furnaces are built to perform again and again, year after year. Beyond performance, we also provide options for energy-efficient furnace operation. In fact, some of our furnaces operate at over 97% efficiency, which means that 97% of the fuel you pay for is actually converted into heat for your home.
How Does a Gas Furnace Work?
- A gas furnace, or forced-air heating system, reacts when the room air temperature drops below your programmed setting on the thermostat.
- The silicone nitride igniter lights a burner inside the combustion chamber.
- The heat created is then pushed into the heat exchanger, where the air is then heated.
- This newly heated air moves through the ductwork and into the rooms of the house.
- The combustion gases used to create the heat are vented through a flue in the roof or wall.
Keep your Furnace Running Efficiently
R-Mech provides maintenance service plans to ensure that your furnace or other heating, cooling or plumbing system is operating at its highest efficiency, saving you money and keeping your equipment running correctly day after day, year after year.
Energy Bill Savings Tips
Ensure your heating system is warming your home at optimum levels when you want it. Here’s how you can save money and energy:
- Yearly system inspections
- Sealing of vents and duct work
- Proper home insulation levels
- Adjustment of gas pressure by trained professional
- Routine cleaning and servicing of HVAC system by Factory Trained Professional
- Implementation of zoning systems
Common Heating Issues
- Furnace is not working properly or won’t turn on
- Furnace cannot regulate temperature
- Certain rooms or offices are too hot or too cold
- Heated air has odd odor
- You smell gas or something burning
- The thermostat is not working properly
- Odd noises are coming from the furnace
If you run into any of these problems with your furnace or have other issues with your HVAC system, contact R-Mech to get to work quickly on your problem. We offer 24/7 emergency heating, cooling and plumbing service
Other Heating System Options
Heat Pumps add a whole new element to your comfort – they cool and heat! Today’s heat pumps are more comfortable and efficient than ever. R-Mech offers the broadest array of heat pumps in and around Kansas City.
Boilers have evolved to become a lightweight and space saving heating option for homes and businesses. Whether you need the traditional reliability of American made Cast Iron gas boilers, or the latest high efficiency gas boiler systems, we have the experience and support necessary to help you make the right choice for your home.