Stay comfortable all summer
R-Mech offers the broadest array of air conditioning services and products in the Kansas City area. Today’s air conditioners are more comfortable and efficient than ever. We can get you up and running with a highly efficient air conditioning system right away.
Central air conditioners are split systems
Central AC consists of an outdoor unit (the condensing unit) and an indoor unit (air handler). The function of an air conditioner is to transport heat from inside the house to outside. The vehicle your system uses to carry the heat is called a refrigerant, commonly referred to as Freon.
How does air conditioning work?
- The compressor in your outdoor unit changes the refrigerant (or “Freon”) into a high temperature, high pressure gas.
- As that gas flows through the outdoor coil, it loses heat and condenses into a high temperature, high pressure liquid.
- This liquid refrigerant travels through copper tubing into the evaporator coil. There the refrigerant expands.
- Its sudden expansion turns the refrigerant into a low temperature, low pressure gas.
- This gas then absorbs heat from the air circulating in the duct work.
- The cooled air is then distributed back through your house or place of business. Meanwhile, the heat absorbed by the refrigerant is carried back outside through copper tubing and released into the outside air.
What causes an air conditioner to not work efficiently?
Dirty coils and improper refrigerant levels can cause your system to cool less efficiently than it should. Having a properly working air conditioner isn’t just about energy efficiency but also about how much you spend on energy costs. An inefficient system means higher energy bills. It also forces your compressor to work harder than is necessary and can actually shorten the life span of your unit.
An annual air conditioning inspection by an experienced technician includes an inspection of the coils and the checking of your refrigerant charge, to ensure that your system is running efficiently. Having your HVAC unit regularly inspected could mean that it will last longer all the while saving you costs on your home’s monthly energy costs.
R-Mech provides maintenance service plans to ensure that your air conditioning or other cooling system is operating at its highest efficiencies, saving you money and keeping your equipment running correctly day after day, year after year.
Other Cooling Systems: Heat Pumps & Mini Splits
Central A/C and other air conditioning systems are not the only way to stay cool during our hot Kansas City summers. Heat pumps and mini splits are other cooling systems R-Mech services and repairs.
Our AC technicians service and repair all brands of ducted cooling systems as well as ductless mini split heat pumps. Learn more about our full-service cooling capabilities on providing heat pump service to your home or our mini split service.
And no matter what sort of air conditioning or cooling system you have, emergency service is available with R-Mech. Give us a call us today!